October 6, 2013

October 7, 2013

Howdy Folks,
  I am actually writing this Sunday afternoon from school.  Tomorrow all of the 1st grade math teachers from the district will be at a math data meeting.  This is a required meeting and I will be out all day.  Tonight, your children will bring home a reading log as part of their homework, please watch the video for an explanation on this.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  The reading log should be filled out all week and sent back on Fridays.

  Spelling groups will start today.  I have used the students assessments to create 5 different spelling groups.  This is parr of their Word Work for our Daily 5 time.  Barb Morrison will be leading three of these groups.  She and I meet once a week to plan out the activities and everything is overseen by me.  Again, please let me know if you have any questions.

**1st Grade Math Homework:  Continue working on the flash cards for the 2nd week.  I will send the survey home on Friday and it will be due on Tuesday of next week.**

  I hope you have a great week.

Peace,
Tom