November 14, 2013

Good Morning,
  Last Thursday was the end of round 1 of the camera project.  Mr. Mongeon and I wanted to speak to the students about the pictures they took and show examples of pictures that will make the reflection project easier to complete.  We also pointed out different angles that students were shooting pictures at and the perspective they offered.

  This week, I spent a lot of Reader's Workshop testing each child's reading level (for report cards).  I did not meet with any groups and that is why some of the first grader's were bringing home choice books.

  Today, wrote in our Weekly New's journals.  I asked the students to talk about their favorite special for the week and to elaborate on what made it so much fun.  Please make sure to read your child's entry and write back to them.

  We also spent some time working on persuasive writing piece.  I wanted the kids to try and make an argument for either reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or going to see the play.

 I hope you have a great weekend.  I am headed to the the zip line at Smuggler's Notch with some of my colleagues from school.  Being that I am afraid of heights, this should be a good test for me.

NOTES:

*If you haven't signed up for a Parent Conference time, please do so.  If you need help with the online aspect of it, please let me know.

*Please note that I will be out next Thursday and Friday.  I am headed to South Carolina for a family Thanksgiving.

Peace,
Tom