November 14, 2015

November 14, 2015

Good Afternoon,
  I am sorry I didn't get this post out yesterday.  This week, I spent most of our literacy times assessing each students reading, writing, and spelling abilities.  Yesterday, I allowed the kids to watch a movie and eat popcorn as I finished testing.  It also helped control the energy that comes with transforming our school into a weekend retail store (Ski and Skate).  I use this information to compare to previous assessments and to allow me to determine the growth made and the next steps in instruction for each student.  I will use a lot of the assessment pieces to guide me in determining scores on the report card and will share the information during our conferences.

  As for conferences, please make sure to schedule a conference time.  If you are not planning on requesting a conference, could you please let me know.

  I hope you have a great weekend.

Peace,
Tommy