October 1, 2010

October 1, 2010


Good Afternoon,
  Today the river decided to come and visit our school.  Although it didn't get to the playground, it did spread across the lower field quite extensively.  Needless to say, we had indoor recess.  Yesterday we continued working with the concept of doubling a number and more story problems.  Today some of the students  worked on finishing our labels for the trees, some graphed the types of trees, and others worked on making a larger scale map of the orchard.  We also had spelling, Literature Circles, and I read from our new read-a-loud Matilda.

FYI:
*Picture day is next Tuesday.
*We are collecting General Mills Box Tops (school initiative).  Your child has a pink collecting sheet in his/her backpack.
*I would like to have our class do our Hike For Hunger Trek on Friday, October 15th.  Would anyone be able to drive students and help with the trip?  If you are able to help, please let me know by next Tuesday.

  This has been a fantastic week, and I am extremely pleased with the class.  I hope the students are having as much fun as I am and are enjoying the activities that are going on in the classroom.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Peace,
Tom