October 18, 2010

October 18, 2010

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.  I took my dad to a football game on Friday evening.  The wind and rain reminded me of the typhoons I used to experience in the South Pacific.  Please remember that this week is a shortened week.  We do not have school on Thursday or Friday.

Today the students planned their (imaginary) trips to Boston.  They had to decide what kind of transportation would be needed, who would take them, and what they would visit while in Boston.  We also spent some time talking about the terms tradition and celebration.  Tomorrow the kids will write about Patriot's Day and the traditions that happen around this celebration.  Next week we will travel up the coast to the State of Maine.  We will be reading from the book Mrs. Rumphius.  If you have any pictures, posters, or items from the Maine Coast, please send them in.  

We are going to postpone our hike for another time.  Wednesday's weather looks questionable and we have more chaperones available on Fridays.  So, we will plan our hike for the 29th of October.  We will leave the school around 8:30 a.m.  The chaperones will be Susan H., Jennifer S., Bear S., Sandy T., Lynne B., and Jennifer S..

Please remember that the math game survey is due on Wednesday.  That is the game that was sent home last Tuesday.  I am also sending home a new reading log this week.  I would like each student to read Monday-Friday this week,  I will collect these logs next Monday.

I will be out of school next Monday morning.  We have another appointment for Julianne.  I plan on being back for the afternoon.

Peace,
Tom