October 25, 2010

October 25, 2010

Good Afternoon,
  I hope your children enjoyed their time off.  I was amazed at all the different weather conditions I observed throughout the weekend.
 
  Last Wednesday, the students teamed up with the Pre-Tech Outreach Program and worked on expanding the mulch rings around the fruit trees.  It was nice to team up with a few students from Harwood and was equally nice to share with them our orchard work.

  Today we started our geography dictionaries.  The students entered the words hill, ocean, island, and coast into their books.  These are terms that came right out of Mrs. Rumphius.  This is the current book on our travels around the country.

FYI:
*We will be hiking on Friday.  Please make sure your child has appropriate clothing, shoes, and a water bottle.
*I will be out tomorrow morning (not today as I thought) to bring my daughter for her hearing aid fitting.  Sally Utter will be the substitute.  I plan on being back by 11:00.
*There is math and reading homework this week.  Some of the math games involve some cutting.  Please do this for your child, so he/she can spend their time playing the game.

That is all for now.  Have a wonderful week.
Peace,
Tom