October 4, 2010

October 4, 2010

Good Morning,
  I hope everyone enjoyed the wonderful weekend.  I found myself staring at the mountains and reflecting about how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful place.  Today we read Make Way For Ducklings by Robert McCloskey.  This is our first book on our journey around the country.  I started the lesson looking a a US map and we discussed the following words:  continent, country, region, state, county, and city/town.  These are terms that we will focus on throughout our geographic study.  We will be using this book over the next two weeks.  If you have any pictures of the Boston Common or Public Garden, please send them in.

FYI:
*You will notice that there is a button (on the right hand side of the page) that says "Follow."  If you click this, it will allow you to receive an e-mail notification that the blog has been updated.  I strongly encourage each person to do this.
*We will be hiking "Sunset" on Friday, October 15th.  This will be in conjunction with the Hike For Hunger Campaign.  Once again I will be asking students to bring in food donation for the Food Shelf.  If you would like to help chaperone/Drive on the trip, please let me know.  We will be leaving around 8:15 and hope to return by 11:00.
*Picture Day is tomorrow.  Our pictures will be at 12:00.
*Keep sending in the small boxes and the Box Top For Education tops.

That is all for now.  Have a wonderful week and I will post again on Tuesday.
Peace,
Tom