March 24, 2020

Good Morning,
  It's Tuesday and we kept our Tuesday Song dance tradition alive!  Thank you to all that were able to join.   Parents, please don't judge me on my dancing skills.  I promise I am a way better teacher than I am a dancer.

CORRECTIONS:
Live writing Instruction:  The live writing instruction will be Every Tuesday and Thursday.  I originally thought Friday (instead of Thursday) but realize that interest may waiver as week progresses.  Your child should be writing on the other days too.  The live lessons are meant to offer instruction on areas that kids can work on on their own writing.

A recording of today's writing lesson can be found by clicking this link.

Today's Morning Meeting was great but I forgot to hit the record button when I started.  Unfortunately, I don't have a recording of today's meeting.

WORK DROP OFF & PICK UP:
If you come to the Waitsfield School, you will see there are two sets of boxes.  One is a box with my name on it.  This is for new work that I am leaving for your child.  There is also a paper box lid, with my name on it.  This is for you to put completed work in.  As you return stuff, just send me an email or text (email me for my cell # if you don't have it) and I will look over the work, correct it and/or write comments, and send it back if it needs edits or corrections.  I will correct all work and have new work ready with in two days.  I will email you or text once new work is ready for pick up.

*As students finish their writing stories, use the editing sheet with them and feel free to help them edit.  Then send the story in for me to see.

TYPING CLUB:
For those wishing to use Typing Club, here is the information in case you missed it.
Waitsfield Elementary School
School Code: waitsfieldschool
https://waitsfieldschool.typingclub.com

TOMORROW'S SCHEDULE:
9:00 am  Morning Meeting (online): https://zoom.us/j/216521135
Rest of Day:  Work on Zearn, Core 5, Reading Book, and Writing

REMEMBER, do what you can and what works for your child and your family.  There is no playbook or best practices when it comes to distance learning and a Pandemic, especially with 1st and 2nd graders.  We offer what we can to provide opportunities, a sense of normalcy, and guidance.  In some ways, doing this allows us to get through these times and to do the work that we truly love to do.

Peace,
Tommy