May 7, 2020

May 7, 2020

Good Morning,
Today's Morning Meeting
  I hope everyone is well and find themselves thinking about the weekend.  There are a few things that I want to go over today.  Please read through all of the information in this post.

Know Your Child:
As we navigate this last stretch before school ends, I want to remind you that you know your child's needs.  From time to time, your child may need a break from the screen-time and/or the workload.  If you feel your child is needing a day off, have them take one.  Sometimes a day off will produce a great run of work days after it.  If you are finding your child needs a day off, just email me to let me know. Again, you know your child and I trust your judgment on this.

I record every writing lesson and post them on the blog that day.  If your child misses a writing lesson or needs a break from it, the recording will allow you to go back with your child, listen to the lesson and then work with him/her to complete the prompt.  The prompts (and completion list) can be found here.

Video Project:
Before the April break, I had asked each child (parents) to find 4 or 5 pictures that capture how your child/family is doing their part to battle the Corona Virus.  This might be family walks, distance learning, reading a book, playing a game, wearing a mask, etc.  I also wanted to have one of the photos be of the student(s) holding a we love WES sign and wearing a school shirt (if you have one).  So far, I have only a handful of entries.  If you want your child to be part of the video project, please upload the pictures in this folder or email them to me and I can do it.  I want this done by Saturday.

Today's Recordings:         
Morning Meeting 5/7/20                                             
Writing Lesson 5/7/20

Tomorrow's Schedule:
Morning Meeting @ 9:00
                                                                                    Libby and her family had a ramp and chute idea
Today's read-a-loud was The Squeaky, Creaky Bed by Pat Thomson.  "Once there was a little boy who loved to visit his grandparents. But he couldn’t fall asleep in the squeaky, creaky bed at their house. Grandfather thought a little cat would help. Or a little dog. Maybe a little pig? Soon the bed was very full, but it was still squeaky and creaky. Would the little boy–and all his new friends–ever be able to fall asleep?"


That is all for now.  Have a wonderful day!

Peace,
Tommy