September 27, 2013

Good Morning,
  I hope everyone has had a great week.  As I had mentioned, I have spent the last two days testing 1st grade math students on their number and operations skills.  I decided to stay in the classroom while I did this.  I wanted to see how well the class did with the substitute.  I was very pleased with the group and how well it went.  I was also extremely happy to see my second graders stepping up and being leaders in the classroom.  Each of them did a fantastic job and were a great resource for the sub.

  I will be sending home the volunteer schedule on Monday.  We will start with our volunteers on Monday, October 7th.  I am delighted to have 4 parents who are willing to type stories this year (from home).  This is a valuable resource and I appreciate your help.

Below is this weeks video.  I realized at Open House, how many of the kids really enjoy these each week.  I had set the computers up to help parents sign up for the blog.  However, the kids kind of pulled up the videos and went with it.  Pretty cool to see.

Have a great weekend.

Peace,
Tommy