September 13, 2013

September 13, 2013

Nothing like the first full week of school ending on a Friday the 13th!  Thankfully, there are no horror stories to report.  We have had a fantastic week.  I have finished up most of the beginning of the year Language Arts assessments.  I will use these to customize each child's reading and spelling activities.  I will have to take two days near the end of September ( I didn't want to be out of the room before then), to test all of the 1st Graders on the Primary Number and Observation Assessment.  This is a 1:1 test and it takes about 30 minutes per kid.  Our entire district uses this test (K-2 grade) and the information allows me to identify specific number and operation skills to work on with your child.  The results also allow me to customize the math homework.  This homework will start in October.

This week's video focuses a bit more on the specials (music, PE, library etc.).  I was not able to get Art or French in this time.  I hope you enjoy it.



Have a wonderful weekend.

Peace,
Tom