September 18, 2013

September 18, 2013

Good Morning,
  Yesterday, we created our science notebooks.  I led a discussion about how scientist use the skill of observation to record what they learn and/or notice.  The students broke up into teams and spent 10 minutes observing apples.  Their goal was to record what they saw. We then gathered back, as a class, and shared the different strategies used to record observations.  I created a poster (for future reference) of the different techniques used.  I then gave the students each a hand lens and allowed them to add to their observations.  There was a lot of excitement for science and one girl even said, "I have never done science before, it was awesome!"





Notes:
*Assembly at 7:45 tomorrow.

*Please make sure your child wears some kind of jacket or sweatshirt to school.  THe playground temperature has been a little cool for some.

*I forgot to send home the book orders on Monday.  I will send them today.  They will be due next Tuesday, September 24th.

That is all for now.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Peace,
Tommy