April 3, 2020

April 3, 2020

Good Early Evening,
  Well we have finished another week of virtual learning.  As a whole, I am very happy with the progress and work that everyone has been doing.  I appreciate all of the support that you have given your children in this world of virtual learning.  I have to say in a time where this is much negativity, it is a pleasure to sit with 6, 7, and 8 year olds and just have fun.  To me, the Morning Meetings are the best thing we can offer kids at this time and I appreciate that kids are joining.

T-Shirt challenge.  Below are the two entries that I received today.  Thanks for sharing!

I was glad to connect with most of you, on the phone, today.  I will use my Friday phone calls to check in and see if you need anything and to let you know how progress is going with your child's work.  Now that this is the means for which your child will be taught, it is important that I monitor work and can prove that your child met core standards by the end of the school year.

As I mentioned in my calls, we will now be taking attendance.  If your child is at Morning Meeting, I will note their attendance and you won't have to do anything else.  If your child doesn't attend meeting, please email or text me one thing that they did for school that day.  This way I can count them as "present."  Any text/email after 2:00 pm that day can't be used because I have to submit attendance by 2:00.  Easiest way will be to just join the Morning Meeting.  I apologize if this is an extra burden but this is my first time ever having to collect virtual attendance.

Today's Video
Morning Meeting

Monday's Schedule
Morning Meeting at 9:00.






















The above schedule is "suggested" in the sense of when you do what.  The work listed is expected each week as we move forward.  I have put a lot of thought into limiting as much screen time as I can, being able to collect evidence of your child's learning, and feel as though they are doing meaningful work and not just "busy work."  If you are have any questions, please feel free to let me know at tyoung@huusd.org or call my cell.

The Judy Project:
Today, during Morning Meeting, I read a letter from our classroom volunteer Judy.  She wanted the kids to know how much she missed them and coming in to work with them.  During our virtual Morning Meeting, The students made letters or pictures for Judy.  I thought it would be nice to mail them to her.  Her address is:

Judy D'Este
45 Mehuron Dr. #4
Waitsfield, VT 05673

I know it will mean a lot for Judy to receive some mail from our class.

That is all for now.

Peace,
Tommy