April 7, 2020

April 7, 2020

Good Afternoon,
  Well we survived our first day of Google Meets.  I am glad it went as smoothly as it did.  The video captures the kids dancing to our Tuesday song tradition.

 I have put out  the new writing folders, with new paper and edit sheets.  As I explained yesterday, we will be starting a different type of writing focus next week.  Students can still work on informational books, if they choose to, but the prompts will be expected to be turned in to me.  I am keeping a log of the prompts, the date we did them, and the genre of the prompt.  To view the link you can click here:

  During today's writing lesson, I introduced a prompt and helped kids complete an entire one.  If your child missed the lesson, you should spend some time, on Wednesday, watching it with them and then helping them answer the prompt.  I outline the expectations in the video.  Click here to watch the writing lesson.

Today's Recorded Live Events:
Morning Meeting
Live Writing Instruction

Tomorrow's Schedule:
Morning Meeting @ 9:00
Tomorrow's Theme Day is: Pajama Day!  Adele chose this one. 

That is all for now.  I hope you all have a great evening.  If you go for a family walk today, send me a picture.  We talked about it at Morning Meeting.

Peace,
Tommy